Program Coordination Internship
Organization Description: Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center is an organic garden and instructional kitchen that uses hands-on cooking, gardening, and science education to teach students and families about nutrition and environmental stewardship. We provide free classes, field trips, and community events to children and adults from National City and around San Diego County. Job Description: The Program Coordination Intern will work with the Program Director to support and implement field trips for elementary school students as well as assist with data tracking and teacher communication. The intern will gain a ‘big picture’ view of informal education programs and related issues. Internships are unpaid, but class credit is available. The intern will:
- Gain first-hand experience with management of informal education programs; including day-to-day logistics and on-going operations
- Learn about experiential education techniques in non-traditional classroom settings
- Network with elementary school teachers, school district representatives, nutrition educators, and nonprofit organizations
- Understand local health concerns and education challenges
- Support field trip program; including set-up and clean-up, greeting students and reviewing rules, dividing students into groups and coordinating rotations, checking-in with volunteers and staff, and problem solving if issues arise
- Communicate with teachers to manage day-of concerns, represent Olivewood Gardens and solicit feedback
- Track daily attendance and collect paperwork
- Assist with or manage on-going projects
- Submit a Volunteer Application.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, subject line: "INTERNSHIP - Program Coordination"
- Accepted applicants will be interviewed prior to placement.