Special Event and Marketing Internship
Organization Description: Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center is a garden and nutrition education center that uses hands-on cooking, gardening, and science education to teach students and families about nutrition and environmental stewardship. We provide classes, field trips, and community events to children and adults from National City and around San Diego County. Job Description: The Special Event and Marketing Intern will work with the Olivewood Staff to execute the annual Seedling Soirée fundraiser on May 30th, 2015. The intern will assist with the preparation and promotion of the Seedling Soiree as well as research and outreach to potential attendees, partners, sponsors, vendors, and volunteers. Internships are unpaid, but class credit is available. The intern will:
- Gain first-hand experience in development, event management, and marketing
- Improve their communication and promotion skills
- Work in a professional nonprofit office and gain insight into daily operations. Network with community members, professionals, and businesses.
- Understand local health, environmental, and education challenges
- Attend monthly committee meetings to help plan Seedling Soirée and identify prep tasks
- Provide logistical support (preparation, day-of, and post-event) for major annual fundraising dinner, including; organizing materials, data-entering information, researching vendors, managing small groups of volunteers, shopping for supplies, posting to social media, creating schedules/timelines, and more.
- Help identify and market to prospective guests
- Contact attendees, vendors, potential volunteers, and partners on behalf of Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center (in person and by phone or email)
- Assist with or manage on-going projects (example: create distribution lists for promotional materials)
- Fill out a Volunteer Application, AND
- Submit a cover letter and resume to Ally Welborn, Manager of Volunteers and Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org